Mercier wrote:To summarize the changes I've made:
1. DifficultyOffset=2 (Official Servers are 1)
2. DinoDamageMultiplier=2 (Increases damage Dinos do - OS are at 1)
3. DinoResistanceMultiplier=0.3 (Decreases damage done to Dinos by all sources - OS are at 1)
4. DinoCountMultiplier=1.3 (Increases the number of Dino spawns in game)
5. StructureResistanceMultiplier=0.750000 (Decreases damage structures take by 25% from all sources - OS are at 1)
6. TamingSpeedMultiplier=1.3 (Speeds up taming - OS are at 1)
7. PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=0.8 (Decreases the amount of food players need to eat - OS are at 1)
8. PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=1.4 (Increases the amount of water players need to drink - OS are at 1)
9. DinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=1.5 (Increases the amount of food dinos need to be fed - OS are at 1)
So people know what the settings are. Reasoning:
1. I don't mind changing this back to 1. I was asked by Mrgoat and a few others to change it so that Dinos could spawn at level 90. For level 90 this setting must be set to 2.
2. I did this to make it more challenging fighting and taming Dinos and balance #6.
3. I did this to make it more challenging fighting and taming Dinos, so people's Dinos don't get killed as easily, and to balance #6.
4. Did this to increase the number of Dinos to make it more dangerous in the wilderness.
5. Did this to make it harder to raid. Moot as we don't have non PXP on the server yet.
6. Did this so it doesn't take 8 hours to tame Dinos.
7. We eat more than we drink in vanilla ARK. Makes no sense. This and #8 flip that.
8. We eat more than we drink in vanilla ARK. Makes no sense. This and #7 flit that.
9. Did this to stem the number of Dinos people tame.
Mercier wrote:1 - As admins we can force tame and force level any dino we want. This was done by request of other players.
3 - I'll have to test. Others aren't having a problem killing dinos, but I will test.
7/8 - These make it so you eat less and drink more. Does it force you to carry more water? Yep. Does it make it more dangerous to venture deep inland or into caves when all you have is a single water pouch? Yep. Survival game.
9 - Yes, you don't get to have a huge army of dinos for free. With the previous setting feeding your dinos wasn't a problem at all.
An army of Dinos requires work to sustain. Goat and Tony were able to tame a Saber tonight by themselves. That isn't 5+ nor is it hardcore. It took about an hour.
What I don't understand is how you're upset about playing under settings that weren't turned on until about 5 hours ago. The only setting that was changed prior to my reboot today was the difficulty setting of 2. The rest of the changes took effect today around 4pm CST. Meaning you haven't been on the server since they took effect. Meaning your complaining about something you've not experienced.
I'm not an ass and I am not out to run people out of PXP or anything. If you have a concern, bring it to me. I will listen. I turned made taming take less time because -you- asked (and because I agreed with you). I didn't hear any complaints about the difficulty 2 setting prior to the 'boycott' thread. Not much I can do if I don't know. Nor will things change on a dime.
Mercier wrote:That is a rather large assumption on your part and one I think you're making to justify yourself. Official servers are set to difficulty 2, something you've complained about our server being set to. The lack of people coming to the server isn't due to settings - I've spoke with around eight other private server admins and they all have their settings nearly identical to ours with nearly full slots nightly. Our lack of people stems from having the server behind a password and a lack of advertising it.
You're welcome to play elsewhere, just as you're welcome to play on our box.
* Official Servers are now upgraded to the equivalent of "2.0" difficulty, rather than 1.0
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests