ImageImage

Weapon Sights that Diminish instead of Improve Aim

This forum brought to you by Molten Boron! PUBLIC ACCESSIBLE FORUM
EchoVictory

Weapon Sights that Diminish instead of Improve Aim

Post#1 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Your projectile always emanates from the center of you screen. While strafing with some weapon and sight combinations the sights center dynamically deviates. The amount, direction and pulsing with footsteps is different for various set ups. Also horizontal mouse input can causes more sway.

Here's another persons testing testing:
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLKdfTQiO08][/youtube]

For my example I'm using the Vandal. I enjoy the NS weapons iron sights and the crack of the bullet sound. Maybe because I play allot of VS pew pew plasma sounds.
The Vandal's sway off center while strafing:
1x or 2x reflex sights = 2 red dots
Iron sights, 3.4x and 4x scopes = less than 1 red dot
1x IRNV and 6x scopes = zero deviation from center

There are other weapon and sight combos that sway in the opposite direction of strafe, making compensating confusing. For those who play TR the TRAP-M1 sway is horrendous, making a fun to use unique weapon annoying with certain sights. I seams as though the weapons that could benefit the most from accurate sights, Semi-Autos, have the worse sway.

EchoVictory

Re: Weapon Sights that Diminish instead of Improve Aim

Post#2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Sony is finally working on a "fix" for this on the test server. Custom reticles maybe be on the way as well.

Rabbit

Re: Weapon Sights that Diminish instead of Improve Aim

Post#4 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:16 am

Really hoping for custom sights. I really just want a simple crosshair on most of my stuff.

Will be keeping an eye on this soon so I hope someone posts on the forums when they finally release. You'd think this sort of thing wouldn't take a very long time.. but then again.. SOE.
[quote="wume"] rolling....crawling, crying, sighing.[/quote]

Pretty much sums up the majority of experiences I have in the air lolololol.

Return to “Planet Express Lobby”