Nithson
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Peace - A Planetside 2 Cinematic

Post#1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:51 am

I made another one

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx1DnbOx4wE][/youtube]

Can you help me improve more?
The Sony Vegas thing is because I am using a demo to test it out.
Why don't we all just zerg the whole world?

nBurn
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Re: Peace - A Planetside 2 Cinematic

Post#2 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:31 am

First off, the content is good and the music fits perfectly.

The camera cuts and movements, not so much. From the beginning from the sun to the scenery was a hard and abrupt cut, I don't think that works too well. The other hard cuts from scenery to scenery aren't bad.

The camera is jerky when you go around a certain spot you wish to film - I'm not sure if that's just the loss of frames due to the program or that you need to smooth your mouse movements out a little more. The parts where you are filming and decide to crouch or uncrouch while filming takes me away from what I'm looking at and more focused on where we're going and now what is what you are trying to show.

The shots where you stand still and let nature do its thing is a more powerful shot then when you try to move, in my opinion. It may be due to the bumps in the road and how the camera is dealt with in the game. The zoom/scope is a nice touch so long as you can hold it and not unzoom for the shot.

Lumberchuk
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#3 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:00 pm

Nice glad to see you've moved to out of the stone age that is Windows Movie Maker :P I would agree with nBurn on a lot of the stuff about camera movements. This game can be hard to get smooth shots IMO the best way to do it is either to lower you mouse DPI if it has that setting, or just lower your in game sensitivity when your planning on filming. That way you have more room to make smooth moves. Also I find cross fades or dips to black/white to work very well with softer slower videos such as this one. Normally I would stick to hard cut, but in this case some good fades could really help keep the videos more natural, slower look going. I like that you used a lot of movement in this video too. I don't agree with nBUrn that the movement took away form the feel, I just think that you maybe need to slow down the movement and get rid of the jerkiness. You want everything to fit in, and with the slower music and theme, the fast pans and strafes kinda seem out of place. They work great in your more action oriented video though.

Hope this helps!

Also how does the new program compare to WMM? :P

Nithson
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Post#4 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:44 am

nBurn wrote:First off, the content is good and the music fits perfectly.
The camera is jerky when you go around a certain spot you wish to film - I'm not sure if that's just the loss of frames due to the program or that you need to smooth your mouse movements out a little more. The parts where you are filming and decide to crouch or uncrouch while filming takes me away from what I'm looking at and more focused on where we're going and now what is what you are trying to show.

That was the sniper rifle's sway because I don't have observer cam.

Thanks for all the tips
Any cool ideas for next time?

nBurn
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#5 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 am

Depends on what you want to incorporate.

By yourself, getting a good vantage point and watching a battle go from start to finish (or near there of). Or more of the scenery, those shots were pretty good.

With people - It would be interesting if you did a short story of a squad or some kind of news correspondent kinda thing. I know they have that War Correspondent, but he shows everything as a whole. Follow a squad and have them comment on things after the battle or before going in, could be interesting and different.

Nithson
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Post#6 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:52 am

I could follow a squad during cereal night

Return to “Planet Express Lobby”