MY 3 SHIPS

EXTRE! EXTRE! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Post#1 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:06 am

Matt Higby left PS2
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_G5gCIiI-A[/url]

Ockey5

Re: EXTRE! EXTRE! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Post#2 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:02 am

And who is stepping in for that nut job?
scape goat plz say hi =)

ActionHirvi

Post#3 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:10 am

Figdbl
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Post#4 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:43 am

You guys are slow at this. :-P
When it comes to flirting, girls are playing chess, while men are playing bingo.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#5 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:44 am

Well, at least the game has a chance at a change in direction now. But the more I read about the company that took over, an investment in the game to fix issues or improve it isn't likely.

Figdbl
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Post#6 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:48 am

They'll go two ways. Either bleed the game of as much money as they can, then shut it down.
Stabilize the game, fix the major issues but introduce nothing new (hence why they laid off all of the guys who create new things for the game) then rehire new people to introduce new items/maps/vehicles, etc...
When it comes to flirting, girls are playing chess, while men are playing bingo.

nBurn
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#7 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:59 am

I'mJackieChan wrote:Stabilize the game, fix the major issues but introduce nothing new (hence why they laid off all of the guys who create new things for the game) then rehire new people to introduce new items/maps/vehicles, etc...

I hope they go this route. I also hope they do their own views and don't listen to the whiners and complainers as much. (But this path is a long shot, eh?)

Started to discuss this with a co-worker. There is the possibility that they'll sell the games off individually.

Figdbl
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Post#8 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:15 pm

That's the idea right now. There's no way you buy a company like SOE and shut it down. It makes no sense from a business standpoint. They're gonna try and fix the current issues. Run it steady for a bit. Then expand it. Either they're gonna break even and then try and improve it, or they're gonna run it/try to fix the current issues and if they don't break even after a certain point, scrap/sell it.

STLYoungblood
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 22 SHIPS

Post#9 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:10 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't hold your breath for much. With a community that is shrinking fairly rapidly, and a game that's 3 years into it's life cycle, I would imagine they'll do what it takes to keep it in it's current state, maybe fix some major issues, and let it die.

The only real hope is with the relative freshness of the PS4 market, and if they see a profit opportunity there. If they think they can make money on the PS4 version, then it should be relatively easy for them to make changes for both platforms for the better. There's a lot to be seen, but I think the viability of the PS4 platform is the key to long term Planetside success.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#10 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:54 pm

I'mJackieChan wrote:That's the idea right now. There's no way you buy a company like SOE and shut it down. It makes no sense from a business standpoint. They're gonna try and fix the current issues. Run it steady for a bit. Then expand it. Either they're gonna break even and then try and improve it, or they're gonna run it/try to fix the current issues and if they don't break even after a certain point, scrap/sell it.

No from a business standpoint you do this. Buy XYZ game that is barely profitable or losing money. Cut the staff down to the bare minimum to keep the thing running. Milk it in any way for additional revenue. Lie to the customers and foot drag on refunds/cancellatioins. Then in a year or even less you can show how your expenses are way down and your profits are way up and then you sell for a profit. No fucks given about the game and the customers. The company that bought it is Russian and they don't give a fuck about it at all I am sure.

epixstrat
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#11 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Yeah, I'm with you Flex. Cutting costs in every way possible and increasing emphasis on in game purchases garuntees profit, even if it's only for a short time. Putting time into making the game good is time consuming and costly, and profit is uncertain... Especially when you have such a pissed off player base, ready to leave at a moments notice.

Vengeance76

Post#12 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:24 pm

Soooooo............. Planetside 3, then?
- Vengeance76

"I'll be whatever I wanna do."

nBurn
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#13 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Vengeance76 wrote:Soooooo............. Planetside 3, then?

I think we'd have better luck resurrecting PlanetSide 1.

Return to “Planet Express Lobby”