ImageImage

Hawk's looking for a new car.

This forum brought to you by Molten Boron! PUBLIC ACCESSIBLE FORUM
nBurn
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Re: Hawk's looking for a new car.

Post#17 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:29 am

Ockey5 wrote::D just don't get a pink one or I will slash your wheels when you sleep <3

Don't mind Ockey. He is like a bull, except his trigger color is a tad lighter.

Ockey5

Post#18 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:24 pm

*Lowers head to charge * :twisted:
scape goat plz say hi =)

[Hawk]

Post#19 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Prius, lolno. I have to live with this car after all.

>;P

Sinsa
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 3 SHIPS

Post#20 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:46 pm

Edit signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

theonly500
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 3 SHIPS

Post#21 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:07 pm

That wen't absolutly silent inside german media appart from that one local newspaper. Well. We do have a big car manufacturers Lobby here and they just stuff you till you're silent.

Sinsa
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 3 SHIPS

Post#22 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:20 pm

Really? it's on every news page etc.. here.

I was gonna make a new post for it but this post just seemed fitting.
:lol:
Edit signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

[Hawk]

Post#23 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Figdbl
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Post#24 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:12 am

Looks decent. Little hole in the back seat looks like maybe cigarette burn?
When it comes to flirting, girls are playing chess, while men are playing bingo.

[Hawk]

Post#25 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:22 am

Nuts, I missed that.

Its also missing the baggage cover and looks to have some scuffing on the front left bumper. Also no roof racks and might not have a built in aux port-

...but its only $6k @.@

Figdbl
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Post#26 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:26 pm

All minor inconveniences.
Scuffing is meh, same with the baggage cover. You might find the cover on eBay or dealer.indoibt it has an aux jack, but you can just swap the deck for one with aux and USB.
When it comes to flirting, girls are playing chess, while men are playing bingo.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#27 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Not always. Some brands have the radio integrated with the computer system or navigation and can't be swapped out easily. The days of swapping out head units are pretty much over.

Figdbl
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Post#28 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:02 pm

I know the volvos are quite integrated like that sometimes but even on those 07 models?

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#29 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:58 pm

My '08 BMW has all kinds of functions for the car computer and it's the lowest level stereo they had. So, buyer beware.

EchoVictory

Post#30 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:16 pm

I'd take a look at a 2nd gen Scion xB. I have one, so I might be biased. Here's a picture.
Woops. Here's one

My 2010 is averaging 27 mpg mixed with about 90k miles. Essentially a Camry 4 cylinder in a lighter chassis so not slow. Shockingly large rear passenger leg and head room. I'm 6'1" and fit comfortably in the back. With "I could probably wear a cowboy hat" kind of headroom. There is a taxi company in Raleigh North Carolina using them.

The cargo area seams small, but is tall. With the rear and front passenger seats down I've put one end of some 2x4 lumber in the glove box and closed the rear hatch, this probably isn't an intended feature. I've also towed my motorcycle home by ratchet strapping the front wheel to the built in cargo rings in the caro area. This fits...
... inside with the same configuration. I've gotten allot out of my companion cube, I mean toaster, I mean Toyota, I mean Scion xB.

PS: When I purchased in 2010 the scion xB's were only manufactured in Japan with no US parts. This made my car immune to the recalls that, if coupled with poor driving skill, were lethal and made the news.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#31 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:25 pm

I loved the previous version of the xB but didn't understand the big change in styling for that version.

EchoVictory

Post#32 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:53 pm

Yeah, they made it much larger than the original. It's more of a stubby camry wagon then a compact now. The first generation ones were bare bones. Things like cruise control weren't an option.

Return to “Planet Express Lobby”