ImageImage

Reddit is now kill

This forum brought to you by Molten Boron! PUBLIC ACCESSIBLE FORUM
FellGlint

Reddit is now kill

Post#1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:33 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/c ... her_large/

So it looks like Reddit is going through some issues at the moment. Some chick got fired and now all the subs are set to private to...protest...? I guess?

Either way it looks like Reddit is kill for the time being.

Figdbl
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Re: Reddit is now kill

Post#2 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:37 am

It's the girl that basically set up the reddit AMAs and made sure they went off smoothly. She was let go (for unknown reasons) without any warning which threw a lot of the AMAs into chaos. This on top of many of the other stupid things the reddit staff have been doing have let the site slide and made it a pain for the mods to maintain it
When it comes to flirting, girls are playing chess, while men are playing bingo.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#3 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:10 am

Seems that is was maybe over a refusal to move to San Francisco or more likely her refusal to let PR people do the AMA's instead of the celebrities. But she says she has no idea why she was fired.

I think Reddit is done. The community is searching for a new place and is smashing the Reddit clone http://voat.co

epixstrat
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#4 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:53 am

Well, my day just got 10 times more productive...

TheBlurr

Post#5 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:43 pm

This is why you can't have ONE person have access to the important admin accounts. They can lilteraly hold your data hostage if you do something they don't like. How long is it going to take them to unlock all those sub-reddits without her password?

Also Voat is win.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#6 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:46 pm

What are you talking about? There's nothing to do with passwords and such. This is a protest from the moderators of various subreddits

Mercier

Post#7 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:48 pm

In the IT world there is no way around one person having access to important admin accounts. Typically your network admin, server admins, and dba will all have all of the admin passwords to the areas they manage. You have to trust them with said power and they hopefully have some ethics.

I haven't read the whole drama, but if it is a matter of them having set her up as the only admin of those subs and not someone else (ala a real site admin) it is their own damn fault. Of course, if she isn't supplying them with her password it is also ethically wrong on her part.

Wonder how this will play out!?

epixstrat
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#8 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:50 pm

Wanted to check out Voat, but it seems like they can't handle the increased traffic.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#9 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Yeah, and if that site is in Europe it will have a lot more censorship than Reddit does. SO, not a lot of options now.

TheBlurr

Post#10 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Mercier wrote:In the IT world there is no way around one person having access to important admin accounts. Typically your network admin, server admins, and dba will all have all of the admin passwords to the areas they manage. You have to trust them with said power and they hopefully have some ethics.

I haven't read the whole drama, but if it is a matter of them having set her up as the only admin of those subs and not someone else (ala a real site admin) it is their own damn fault. Of course, if she isn't supplying them with her password it is also ethically wrong on her part.

Wonder how this will play out!?

Apparently the Mods of the forums that locked down did it because they're mad she got fired. Not sure why, they're only hurting themselves.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#11 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:15 pm

There are plenty of posts about why it happened but mainly it was the sudden firing of a key facilitator of AMA's. The reason for the firing has not come out and never might due to legal reasons.

Sinsa
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 3 SHIPS

Post#12 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:06 pm

What is AMA?
Edit signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#13 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:14 pm

Ask Me Anything.... Interviews where the community gets to ask celebrities or important people things in an open format.

Mercier

Post#14 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:26 pm

TheBlurr wrote:Apparently the Mods of the forums that locked down did it because they're mad she got fired. Not sure why, they're only hurting themselves.

After reading a few posts about it - they've locked down their subs for more than just her firing. It seems the admins have lost touch with the community itself and have been ignoring the community leaders for awhile now.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#15 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:40 pm

Mercier wrote:
TheBlurr wrote:Apparently the Mods of the forums that locked down did it because they're mad she got fired. Not sure why, they're only hurting themselves.

After reading a few posts about it - they've locked down their subs for more than just her firing. It seems the admins have lost touch with the community itself and have been ignoring the community leaders for awhile now.

Ellen Pao was never in touch as far as I can see. She was brought in as an interim CEO and is now apparently refusing to leave.

epixstrat
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#16 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:45 pm

Seems like most if not all of the Subs are back up now.

Return to “Planet Express Lobby”