ImageImage

Keysboards

This forum brought to you by Molten Boron! PUBLIC ACCESSIBLE FORUM
EchoVictory

Keysboards

Post#1 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm interested in what keyboards everyone is using.

10 key-less? (AKA no NumPad)
I like the idea. For gaming having a little more room for the mouse (I use very low DPI). No number pad would center my keyboard with my monitor. I use both the number row and numpad so getting used to no numpad shouldn't be to bad. Some games use number pad keys. I could Re-Bind or using a separate numpad for those occasions.

Mechanical?
The only mechanical keyboard I had use was an IBM so old it didn't have a windows key. All I remember is liking it. Cherry seams to be the long time standard. a cAPS lOCK kEY WITHOUT A STEP OR RELIEF BETWEEN a DRIVES ME CRAZY. Aftermarket key caps seam to be redily available for cherry switches. These aftermarket caps don't sound like they fit Kailh and Outemu switches well. Logitech Romer-G has a completely different cap interface. I like the tactile click of Blue and Brown Cherry switches. It would seam any of the mechanical switches bottoming out sound can be dampened with o-rings.

3. Back lighting?
I've had Red back lighting on my keyboard for a long time. This was some of my reluctance in buying a mechanical keyboard years ago (mechanical keyboards with back lighting is a relatively new thing)

Wired or Wireless?
For me I use wired at my desk. In my living room wireless is obviously convenient.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Re: Keysboards

Post#2 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Razer Black Widow Ultimate. Mechanical with the noisy switches. Backlit with only blue color. Wired.

Digital_Eide
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#3 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:40 am

I usena rather ancient Logitech G15 keyboard. It's 6 or 7 years old.I guess and still going strong. Best piece of kit I ever bought for my PC.
Call me DE ;)

STLYoungblood
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 22 SHIPS

Post#4 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:19 am

Logitech G710+. It's mechanical, but uses the cherry brown switches, so it's quieter, which I prefer for late night gaming and for recording while playing. White backlit, has 10 key, and macros on left hand side. It's been my favorite keyboard to date.

Mercier

Post#5 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:22 am

STLYoungblood wrote:Logitech G710+. It's mechanical, but uses the cherry brown switches, so it's quieter, which I prefer for late night gaming and for recording while playing. White backlit, has 10 key, and macros on left hand side. It's been my favorite keyboard to date.

Seconded. Best keyboard I've every had and I am super picky since I spend hours at them.

EchoVictory

Post#6 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:17 pm

For you G710+ users do the WASD key shape annoy you when regular typing? The G410 ( no numpad) RGB backlite keyboard is coming out at the end of Oct. Very interested in that one.

STLYoungblood
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 22 SHIPS

Post#7 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:53 pm

I haven't noticed anything regarding the keys, and I do a lot of normal typing on it too.

cjaybird80
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 6 SHIPS

Post#8 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:46 pm

I use a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068INSUM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00 i like it very much it is tenkeyless and has Cherry MX Blues no backlight exepct on the caps lock num lock and windows lock keys , its a very nice typing experience and i thought the tenkeyless would bother me but it doesn't.

Mercier

Post#9 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:16 pm

EchoVictory wrote:For you G710+ users do the WASD key shape annoy you when regular typing? The G410 ( no numpad) RGB backlite keyboard is coming out at the end of Oct. Very interested in that one.

I have no issue with them. I'd have to break the G410. I have to have a numpad.

ThatOneScottishGuy

Post#10 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:44 pm

I use the 710+, only downside is very brittle keycap stems I've had like 8 of them break on me.

DeadDuck
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 13 SHIPS

Post#11 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:53 pm

I use the Logitech 910. It's a semi-noisy mechanical keyboard. It doesn't have that "sproing!" feeling/sound that some of the Cherry switches have. (Nothing wrong with loving those - but my place is tiny so it would probably drive my wife crazy)

One of the complaints I've read is that the keys are individually shaped with a sort of edged sides. I've been fortunate enough not to notice it much while gaming or typing.

I bought it so I could tailor individual keys to different colors (e.g., movement keys are green, weapon keys are red, etc) but I find I don't really look down at they keyboard while gaming so this benefit is lost on me. It's still cool, though. You can set up these key color mappings for individual games - so it'll automatically switch schemes as you start games.

Overall very happy with it. If you're considering it you may want to mess with a demo just to feel the key caps.

Big_Johnson
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 23 SHIPS

Post#12 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am

I bounce back and forth between three keyboards, standard Dell 104+ with CaC reader, Perixx backlit http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008YG0JEO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage , and Logitech MK200 wired http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126193. The quick key M set on my Perixx is awesome, I have a setup for SC, Minecraft, and Payday 2.

My only complaint on the Perixx is the Numlock/Scrolllock/Capslock LEDs are SUPER BRIGHT...
IMG_20151014_103910.jpg

The Logitech is by far the best for typing documents. Dell seems to be a bit more wide and so I swap to it occasionally to keep carpel tunnel down. I like the quick keys and back light on the Perixx.

EchoVictory

Post#13 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:55 pm

Wow I just noticed my title type-O. :lol:

Vengeance76

Post#14 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Yep, Logitech G710+ is by far, the best keyboard I've every used/owned.

It was my first mech keyboard, so it took about a week or so to get used the mechanical-ness of it (as I've only used bubble-style keyboards in the past). It is, however, super sensitive and I realized how clumsy my fingers are when I type. So you will get super precise in typing if you get one of these :)

I love the macros and the lighting otpions and the WASD keys are the same as the other keys, just silver colored. Honestly, can't go wrong with a Logitech anything.

TL;DR Logitech G710+ is the tits.
- Vengeance76

"I'll be whatever I wanna do."

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#15 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:59 pm

I'm planning to get the Corsair K70 RGB. I love flashy effects:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQi7uexxYjs[/youtube]

MillerTheKiller

Post#16 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:47 pm

cjaybird80 wrote:I use a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068INSUM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00 i like it very much it is tenkeyless and has Cherry MX Blues no backlight exepct on the caps lock num lock and windows lock keys , its a very nice typing experience and i thought the tenkeyless would bother me but it doesn't.

I have the same model but with cherry red, good stuff

Return to “Planet Express Lobby”