ImageImage

Paris Attack.

This forum brought to you by Molten Boron! PUBLIC ACCESSIBLE FORUM
DragonHeart
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 5 SHIPS

Paris Attack.

Post#1 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:50 am

Terrorist Attack. 153 killed. 14/11/2015.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

Condolences to the dead and injured..
Remain strong France.

And fellow org members, be safe !

Digital_Eide
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Re: Paris Attack.

Post#2 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:07 am

No words...
Call me DE ;)

ActionHirvi

Post#3 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:22 am

It's always a shame when things like this happen.

theonly500
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 3 SHIPS

Post#4 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:51 am

Paris is getting a hotspot for these Atacks lately.

But I think we can see the same things happening again, which happened in January. The people will go out on the streets and stand together for those who have died yesterday.

Digital_Eide
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#5 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:43 am

theonly500 wrote:Paris is getting a hotspot for these Atacks lately.

But I think we can see the same things happening again, which happened in January. The people will go out on the streets and stand together for those who have died yesterday.

More accurately: France has seen a great deal terror attacks the last 3 years. France has a sizeable, poor and uneducated groups of young people living in banlieues. And these youngsters tend to be of north African decent and are susceptible to radicalization. That results not just in this attack and the Charlie Hebdo attack, but also the killing of 3 French paratroopers and 4 jews (3 kids), attacks with cars on pedestrians, the Thalys attacks (thwarted) and so on. There's more of those, usually relatively unsuccessful.

While all of these attacks come out of the extremist islam corner, the problem France is facing isn't necessarily related to Islam. It's related to disenfranchised young people who have no future within regular society. Surrounding countries like Belgium, the Netherlands and Spain are not in the situation france is in. Doesn't mean I have a solution, but I think it's important to realise that these attacks aren't coming out of the blue, and defeating the enemy far away, like ISIS or AQ, doesn't defeat the enemy living next door.
Call me DE ;)

EchoVictory

Post#6 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:37 pm

There was torturous mind bending process that lead these people to see horrible acts as logical conclusions. That's the real monster. It doesn't have a name because it's not one thing but many. It's alluring to define an enemy as a group far away and separate from yourself. But that is just as uneducated and disadvantaged as the attackers life. Study the monster. It has a weakness.

Nemesis041

Post#7 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:32 pm

May the victims in the attack rest in peace.

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#8 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:43 am

EchoVictory wrote:There was torturous mind bending process that lead these people to see horrible acts as logical conclusions. That's the real monster. It doesn't have a name because it's not one thing but many. It's alluring to define an enemy as a group far away and separate from yourself. But that is just as uneducated and disadvantaged as the attackers life. Study the monster. It has a weakness.

It does have a name. It's called a Death Cult. They are obsessed with bringing about the apocalypse through starting a war on the plains of Syria.

EchoVictory

Post#9 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:31 pm

Flexo wrote:
EchoVictory wrote:There was torturous mind bending process that lead these people to see horrible acts as logical conclusions. That's the real monster. It doesn't have a name because it's not one thing but many. It's alluring to define an enemy as a group far away and separate from yourself. But that is just as uneducated and disadvantaged as the attackers life. Study the monster. It has a weakness.

It does have a name. It's called a Death Cult. They are obsessed with bringing about the apocalypse through starting a war on the plains of Syria.

Yes the group responsible will be taken care of. Humanity has figured out how to play terrorist wack-a-mole, but I don't think we've figured out what's running the machine.

klemorali
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 22 SHIPS

Post#10 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:36 am

EchoVictory wrote:Yes the group responsible will be taken care of. Humanity has figured out how to play terrorist wack-a-mole, but I don't think we've figured out what's running the machine.

That's extremely well put. I'm going to reuse this.

Digital_Eide
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#11 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:09 am

That's assuming there's a determinable rationale behind it all. What drives people to fight for a cause that actively promotes genecide, systematic rape, torture and has death as its highest goal. By searching for reasons or calling it a machine we're assuming we can find the rationale behind it all.ajd influence that rationale. I'm sceptic about that.

French Police and armed forces conducted a raid in Paris this morning. Apparently a woman detonated a bombvest, 3 persons arrested, according to French television.
Call me DE ;)

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#12 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:05 am

Fundamentalism just means you take Bronze Age theology and writings as fact and act accordingly. It's like saying you'd like to be a fundamentalist Roman and bring back slavery and gladiator fights.

Thorslax

Post#13 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:49 am

Flexo wrote:Fundamentalism just means you take Bronze Age theology and writings as fact and act accordingly. It's like saying you'd like to be a fundamentalist Roman and bring back slavery and gladiator fights.

Gladiator fights? UFC?
I'm not surprised.

Threat_Unknown
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 28 SHIPS

Post#14 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:45 pm

Digital_Eide wrote:
theonly500 wrote:Paris is getting a hotspot for these Atacks lately.

More accurately: France has seen a great deal terror attacks the last 3 years. France has a sizeable, poor and uneducated groups of young people living in banlieues. And these youngsters tend to be of north African decent and are susceptible to radicalization. That results not just in this attack and the Charlie Hebdo attack, but also the killing of 3 French paratroopers and 4 jews (3 kids), attacks with cars on pedestrians, the Thalys attacks (thwarted) and so on. There's more of those, usually relatively unsuccessful.

While all of these attacks come out of the extremist islam corner, the problem France is facing isn't necessarily related to Islam. It's related to disenfranchised young people who have no future within regular society. Surrounding countries like Belgium, the Netherlands and Spain are not in the situation france is in. Doesn't mean I have a solution, but I think it's important to realise that these attacks aren't coming out of the blue, and defeating the enemy far away, like ISIS or AQ, doesn't defeat the enemy living next door.

It has everything to do with Islam. Have you read any of the material put out by Al Qaeda, or IS? Their actions are justified in lock step with the Quran and the Hadith - they quote chapter and verse to illustrate their actions and thinking.

We don't see disenfranchised Buddhists doing this. Or Zoroastrians. Or Jains. We don't see Christians burning down embassies and killing hundreds because a sculptor dunked a statue of Jesus upside down in a jar of urine.

Shouting "Allahu Akbar" while pulling the trigger isn't Islamic? The "Islamic" State isn't Islamic?

Seriously?
There are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those that do not...

Fiftysixk
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 4 SHIPS

Post#15 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:51 pm

I think this thread has run its course.. PM me if you have any issues with my lock.

Return to “Planet Express Lobby”