ImageImage

Let's solve this immigration thing right now!

This forum brought to you by Molten Boron! PUBLIC ACCESSIBLE FORUM
Fomites

Re: Let's solve this immigration thing right now!

Post#17 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Flexo wrote:Make it illegal to hire an undocumented worker and the problem of new arrivals is virtually solved. Let the kids and parents with jobs have a short path to citizenship with work visas in the interim.

Wall building is stupid. People will just find another way. Overstaying tourist visas is like 45% of the problem and those people come on planes.

Wall building would be a nice way to put folks to work who are willing to pick up a shovel. And very, very cheap, compared to putting armed folks on carriers and sending them out to kill folks we have no beef with.

The evil is comparative. It has to be when how much less evil is the only option :)

"Make it illegal to hire an undocumented worker and the problem"

It's already illegal. We just don't enforce it, sadly. Jail time for those who hire illegals would do wonders for both the immigrathing "effect" and its outcome.
Founding Member of the Applying Reduced Signatures Empire Syndicate, Reserve United Spacecadets(ARSES'R'US)

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 2 SHIPS

Post#18 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:33 pm

I don't see this as an important issue at all. Illegal immigration really only impacts the lowest class of untrained worker. If you can be replaced by a person with little education who can't speak the language then you are shit and have no right to complain about your situation. Immigrants work hard and are only trying to survive. They are just an easy scapegoat for ignorant racists.

Let's move on to more important issues like prison reform, cost of education, health care, and all the issues that people with a brain know are more important. If illegal immigration is your #1 issue then I invite you to do some research into what REALLY impacts your way of life not these ginned up bullshit issues that candidates use to manipulate the "low information" voters.

-- Rough day at work... so if I come off too strong I'm sorry.

EchoVictory

Post#19 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:25 pm

Politicians call it an important social issue, Magicians call it misdirection. Accomplishes the same thing. The performer distract the public with something startling but unimportant while the performer can do what they intended without the public noticing. I think its what politicians are not talking about that deserves the most attention. To lighten things up a little the incomparable Maria Bamford.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y-Pp-ySJcU[/youtube]

Fomites

Post#20 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:57 pm

EchoVictory wrote:Politicians call it an important social issue, Magicians call it misdirection. Accomplishes the same thing. The performer distract the public with something startling but unimportant while the performer can do what they intended without the public noticing. I think its what politicians are not talking about that deserves the most attention. To lighten things up a little the incomparable Maria Bamford.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y-Pp-ySJcU[/youtube]

Thanks, that was hilarious: "Plan...vague plan...to eradicate Sadness."

Sadness better look the eff out :)
Founding Member of the Applying Reduced Signatures Empire Syndicate, Reserve United Spacecadets(ARSES'R'US)

kemon
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Post#21 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:06 am

#tacotrucksoneverycorner, that'll eradicate some sadness
live on the edge

Xak
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 8 SHIPS

Post#22 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Maria Bamford is friggin' hilarious! She's one of my favorite comics. She's got some fantastic perspective/insight on things!

Return to “Planet Express Lobby”