ImageImage

Down For Paragon?

This forum brought to you by Molten Boron! PUBLIC ACCESSIBLE FORUM
JarlPylon
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 5 SHIPS

Down For Paragon?

Post#1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Looking for people to try Paragon with, a MOBA made by Epic Games. If this peaks your interest and you want to learn some more here is Paragon's website: https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/home

System Requirements for Paragon from their website. Though personally, I would recommend a system between the minimum and recommended after playing a couple games.

Minimum:
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 6870 equivalent DX11 GPU
1 GByte VRAM
Core i5 2.5 Ghz
4 GByte RAM
Windows 7/8/10 64-bit

Recommended:
Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU
2 GByte VRAM
Core i5 2.8 Ghz
8 GByte RAM
Windows 7/8/10 64-bit

Figdbl
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Re: Down For Paragon?

Post#2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:29 am

Game looks good and plays good from videos I've seen.
Harkons back to the days of Savage. Loved that game.

I'd play, but I can't run the game. Let me know if you play any other mobas.
When it comes to flirting, girls are playing chess, while men are playing bingo.

JarlPylon
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 5 SHIPS

Post#3 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:05 pm

I did play LOL quite a bit but haven't played for a couple months. My LOL username is JarlApeplon. I also played Smite but I feel like Paragon is a better version so I stopped Smite.

klemorali
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 22 SHIPS

Post#4 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:51 pm

I play both somewhat regularly. I'm one of those perma-casuals.... I'm klemorali on both games.

The card system in Paragon has a bit of a learning curve, but otherwise the gameplay is good. They've been working on it. Pretty big changes from last spring IMO. There are some balance issues (It's a MOBA) and I thoroughly loath the last hit mechanic. I still enjoy it and I believe it will do well enough when they finally launch it.

SMITE is a good MOBA in terms of fairness. Character balance shifts between patches and that is often a major issue. There is absolutely no pay to win in smite with the exception of SMURF accounts (high skill players starting a new account for fun) and the odd case of a skin being sufficiently different that other players don't recognize the abilities being used.

Figdbl
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Post#5 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:44 am

Last hit mechanic? You mean last hitting to get extra xp/money and denying enemy the same?
I miss that the most. It made the game more skillful.
When it comes to flirting, girls are playing chess, while men are playing bingo.

JarlPylon
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 5 SHIPS

Post#6 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:15 am

Did I start a MOBA war?

klemorali
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 22 SHIPS

Post#7 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:36 am

Figdbl wrote:Last hit mechanic? You mean last hitting to get extra xp/money and denying enemy the same?
I miss that the most. It made the game more skillful.

One of the major issues with playing MOBAs with Randos (especially smite) are players that will stand behind the team fight and ONLY step in to finish an enemy. They effectively cater to their K/D ratio and usually at the expense of their team. I've lost count of the number of randos with virtually no player damage, a high K/D, and complaining that their team mates lost the match for them. Even granting that it's primarily against minions the glorification and high reward attributed the last hit (in Paragon) is mildly infuriating to me.

My friends and I were testing just how powerful it was and in several matches we were seeing a 2-3 level lead and a full 10 card points well before 10 minutes into a match. Add that to several Heros being particularly horrible at last hitting do to kit and you have a fairly significant balance issue. Basically you could sacrifice your first line of towers and take several deaths, just so long as you kept last hitting the minions you would be able to overpower the enemy before they could take your T2 towers. Actually pushing your waves and taking the enemy T1 towers was less effective for a number of the Heros. Effectively, timing an auto attack was more rewarding than pushing lane, killing the enemy, or taking down their towers. That's not much different than saying if you press the 6 key on your number pad every 23.5 seconds throughout the match you will gain more XP than people who don't do it.

SMITE has a very similar mechanic involving Gold earned for buying items that's related to last hit. The difference being that in SMITE a great many characters have a full or partial lane clear (something almost non existent in Paragaon) and that Gold is shared among the gods present. This IMO is more balanced overall. One of my major issues with balance in Paragon is the ability of 1 or 2 players to go lone wolf and carry a match. The role of a Carry/ADC has been around for a while, but there are several situations where it's not so much a carry as one player sort of sops up the available xp/cp through last hitting on a rotation (at the expense though not necessarily detriment of their team) and ends up significantly more powerful than anyone else on the map. In those cases where it's 1 or 2 players on each team then the remaining 3/4 players just spend the rest of the match trying not to get ganked. Even 4 v 1 I've seen a maxed out player win the day.

In short, I particularly dislike a mechanic that allows 1 player to take the lions share of xp/cp/gold for what is essentially a matter of showing up at the right time and getting all the gravy.

klemorali
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 22 SHIPS

Post#8 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:36 am

JarlPylon wrote:Did I start a MOBA war?

I don't think so.... I've been wrong before though.

Figdbl
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY SHIP

Post#9 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Yeah. I dunno. I played enough mobas where this was a normal mechanic and it made the game better for it.

JarlPylon
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 5 SHIPS

Post#10 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Yeah the last hit mechanic, at least for me, is part of what makes a MOBA.

Return to “Planet Express Lobby”