ImageImage

PTU for EVERYONE!

This forum brought to you by Molten Boron! PUBLIC ACCESSIBLE FORUM
Doc_Fluxx

PTU for EVERYONE!

Post#1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:52 pm

You guys all probably know this, but CIG has opened 3.0 up to all backers in the PTU. In the off chance somebody comes by the forum here and needs to know the process, here is the link to sign up! See you in the verse.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spec ... ckers-test
Find what you love and let it kill you, or, capture what you love and keep it in cryo-freeze.

Hellsong
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 37 SHIPS

Re: PTU for EVERYONE!

Post#2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:54 am

3.0 goes live on the PU tomorrow anyway. It makes you wonder why they bothered to get people to download it if they are only going to download it again tomorrow.

** Follow PXPOfficial on Twitter today! **

Flexo
Site Admin
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 5 SHIPS

Post#3 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:51 am

Yeah, it's simply for them to be able to say they put it out in 2017. It should not be released in its present state but....eh, whatever. It's very good if you can get on a server early and do what you want in the 20 minutes or less before your RAM fills up and it starts chugging.

I actually don't think it's a memory leak anymore as those are relatively easy to track down. I think this is just simple garbage collection issues. Items you interact with are not being purged to free up memory. I think as people play on a server it's not moving things out of your computer's memory and it keeps tracking them even if not displayed. For instance, I spawned a rover on Yela and flew back to Olisar and the Rover was still on my HUD.

Hellsong
CLICK HERE TO SEE
MY 37 SHIPS

Post#4 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:31 am

The key is not to interact with anything - stand as still as possible. And maybe Rover missed you.

** Follow PXPOfficial on Twitter today! **

Doc_Fluxx

Post#5 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:11 pm

I'm on live 3.0 now. It was choppy for a bit, I ended up playing for a few hours later that first night with no frame issues and only a couple minor bugs. Though I think there is something wrong with their damage state tech because I bashed the shit out of a Mustang and a Cutlass and didn't get scuffed. Last night I couldn't even get on a server but I'll be trying again today. Merry Christmas all.
Find what you love and let it kill you, or, capture what you love and keep it in cryo-freeze.

Return to “Planet Express Lobby”